Very easy Arabic stew recipe made with eggplant and lamb. (Yakhni)
- 1 1/2 pound lean lamb cut in cubes
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 6 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Saute mean and garlic until brown.
- Add 1 cup water bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the meat is tender. Add more water if necessary
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Add eggplant and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with rice.
Eggplant not your thing? You can substitute potatoes or green beans.