Take your party to the next level with these delicious cupcakes!
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- Eggs, vegetable oil and water, per mix instructions
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 can prepared cream cheese frosting (whipped frosting not recommended)
- 2 teaspoons caramel topping, plus additional for garnish
- 12 pieces individually wrapped caramels
- Morton® Coarse Sea Salt
Heat oven and prepare cake mix as instructed on the box, adding cinnamon with other ingredients. Divide prepared batter evenly among 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3's full. Bake cupcakes as instructed on the box. Remove cupcakes from pans and cool completely.
Combine frosting and caramel topping in a bowl, and pipe frosting onto each cupcake. Drizzle additional caramel topping on top of each frosted cupcake and sprinkle lightly with sea salt. Top each cupcake with one piece of salted caramel, salted side facing outward. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftover cupcakes.