Recipe Source: Safest Choice Pasteurized Shell Eggs
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 2 cups French or Italian bread pieces (1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (see note)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (see note)
- 8 Safest Choice Pasteurized Eggs
- Coarse ground black pepper
- Minced bell pepper (optional)
- chopped fresh herbs (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter bottom and sides of four 10 to 12 ounce ramekins or spray with nonstick cooking spray
In large bowl, toss bread pieces and melted butter together. Stir in cheese and herbs. Divide mixture evenly among ramekins pressing down lightly. Break 2 eggs into each ramekin. Add salt and pepper, as desired. Sprinkle bell pepper around eggs, if desired.
Place ramekins on rimmed baking sheet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until whites are set and yolks begin to firm, or to desired doneness.
Garnish with additional herbs, if desired.
* One or a combination of herbs such as basil, rosemary, thyme, chives or parsley may be used.