- 3 gallons peanut oil for frying
- 1 - 12 lb turkey neck and giblets removed
- 1/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- Rinse off the turkey and pat dry with paper towels. Then rub old bay inside and out. You can gently pull the skin back from the breast and rub old bay between the skin and turkey
- In a turkey fryer or large pot heat up the oil to 375F (leave room for the turkey to submerge so oil does not spill over.
- Place the turkey in a drain basket neck in first. Lower into hot oil. Make sure the turkey is completely covered.
- Keep the temperature of the oil at 350F and cook for approximately 45 minutes. The thigh should be 180F when finished
- Remove the basket from the oil and set to drain on paper bags. Let the turkey drain and lock in juices for 30 minutes prior to serving.