This is a really good pasta dinner recipe. Roast garlic, eggplant, tomatoes, yum.
|1 package (12 oz) dried large bow tie pasta|
|2 Tbsp fresh parsley|
|1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese|
|1 bulb garlic, roasted|
|6 cups eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1/2 cup balsamic vinegar|
|4 Tbsp olive oil|
|1/4 tsp dried oregano|
|1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper|
|3 cups (about 3 medium) chopped tomatoes|
- Separate roasted garlic cloves, peel, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggplant, vinegar, 3 Tbsp olive oil, oregano, and pepper. Mix thoroughly and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place eggplant mixture, with liquid, on a baking pan. Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 25 minutes. Stir every 5 to 6 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before eggplant is completely cooked, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet. Add tomatoes and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- At the same time, cook pasta in a pot of boiling water according to package instructions. Drain and divide cooked pasta on 4 serving plates.
- Cover pasta with roasted eggplant. Cover with equal portions of tomato-garlic mixture and top with parsley.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.