The are so many ways to make Pimento Cheese but this is a tried and true favorite. This is NOT the pimento cheese you find pre-packaged in the grocery store. Serve with crackers, celery, or as a sandwich.
- 1 pound grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound grated monterey jack
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces pimento
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives stuffed with pimento
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise*
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Tip: Some like more mayonnaise than others. Start with a cup and add until desired consistency. Also, some people like their pimento cheese more creamy and use a mixer to blend the cheeses. I like mine with some texture so just mix it in the bowl.