- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rosemary, chopped
- 2 lbs (1 kg) leg of lamb, boneless
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) walnut oil
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) capers, rinsed and chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) green peppercorns in brine, drained and minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cup (250 mL) California walnut pieces, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a small bowl, add Dijon, garlic, olive oil and rosemary; stir to combine.
Place lamb into a roasting pan and rub the marinade over the entire surface of the lamb.
Roast lamb in the centre oven rack for 60 to 90 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 125°F (52°C) at the thickest point for medium rare. Roast longer for desired doneness.
For the salsa, combine walnut oil, capers, anchovy fillets, parsley, mint, peppercorns, lemon juice and lemon zest, and walnut pieces in a medium sized bowl and spoon over lamb slices.
Recipe Source: WalnutInfo.com