This is a great summer salad recipe. Making this with fresh ears of corn makes all the difference!
- 9 or 10 small red potatoes
- 3-4 ears of corn (medium to large)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 small red onion sliced thinly
- Big handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tea Kosher salt or more to taste
- Lots of grinds of freshly ground pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until tender about 15 mins. Spoon them out into a bowl of ice cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Add shucked corn into the boiling water cook for about 7 minutes until tender but not too soft. Place in same bowl of ice with potatoes.
- Cut potatoes into quarters and put in a large bowl. Cut the kernels off each ear (slice downwards with knife) and add to bowl.
- Add tomatoes, onion, and whole basil leaves. Add olive oil and lemon juice and toss. Season with kosher salt and ground pepper.
Use the freshest ingredients you can find. It is delicious!