This is more like a cobbler than a cake.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 stick Smart Balance or Earth Balance margarine melted
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Dump in pineapple and spread in bottom of pan.
- Spoon cherry pie filling evenly over the pineapple.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly over that.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over all.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 1 hour or until done.
Get creative by switching up the cake and fruit. Chocolate - Blueberry, etc.