- 2 ounces rye whiskey (suggested: Sazerac 6-year)
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce pure maple syrup from Canada (Grade B preferred)
- 1/2 ounce of egg white or the white of a small farm egg
- Angustura bitters garnish, or freshly grated nutmeg
Without ice, in a cocktail shaker quickly shake the cocktail ingredients to emulsify the egg.
Next, add ice and shake for 10 seconds and strain into a coupe glass.
Using an eye dropper, deposit a ring of bitters drops on the egg white, then drag a toothpick through the circle to create a "starry nights" effect. Or, grate fresh nutmeg on top.
Read Freshen Up Happy Hour for more recipe ideas