Cheesecake and Chocolate, my two favorites!
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 ounces (2 squares) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 6 ounces (6 squares) semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- To prepare crust, in a medium bowl, mix together chocolate crumbs and melted butter until well blended. Press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 3000 F.
- To prepare filling, in a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and eggs at medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Spoon half of cream cheese mixture into crust.
- Stir chocolate into remaining cream cheese mixture until well blended. Drizzle over batter in crust to make swirls.
- Bake cheesecake for 50 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 2 hours.
- Uncover cheesecake; carefully remove the side of pan.
- To prepare frosting, in a small bowl, mix together chocolate and sour cream. Spread over cheesecake. Chill briefly until frosting is set.
I garnish this with raspberries and mint.