- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 packet (1.25 ounces) Ortega Reduced Sodium Chili Seasoning Mix
- 2 store-bought cooked chicken thighs (about 1/2 pound), shredded
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 can (15 ounces) chopped tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons Ortega Thick and Smooth Taco Sauce (mild, medium or hot), divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 Ortega Yellow Corn or Whole Grain Taco Shells
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
In skillet over medium heat, add oil. Sauté half the onion, red pepper flakes and reduced sodium chili seasoning mix until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
For salsa: In bowl, mix together cucumber, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons taco sauce, remaining onion, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon chicken mixture into taco shells, top with salsa and cabbage.
Mix remaining tablespoon of taco sauce into sour cream and top.