- 2 cups lowfat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup mixed dried berries and cherries(red tart cherries, blueberries and strawberries)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- 4 teaspoons chopped toasted pecans or
- Bring 2 cups milk and the salt to boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in dried oats; then stir in dried berries, cherries and cinnamon.Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon oatmeal into bowls. Pour 2 tablespoons milk over each serving. Sprinkle with brown sugar and, if desired, nuts.
*To toast nuts: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread nuts in a single layer in a baking pan. Bake about 8 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool nuts before chopping.
Recipe provided by www.choosecherries.com