Recipe time 25 minutes
Recipe Source: beefitswhatsfordinner.com
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium baking potatoes (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- Pierce potatoes in several places. Microwave on HIGH 11 to 13 minutes or until tender, rearranging once. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings. Return beef to skillet; stir in chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add beans and 1 cup cheese; cook and stir until heated through.
- Cut a slit lengthwise in potatoes; fluff potatoes with fork. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Spoon beef mixture evenly over potatoes; sprinkle with green onions and 1/2 cup cheese.
Nutrition information per serving: 770 calories; 35 g fat (19 g saturated fat; 10 g monounsaturated fat); 159 mg cholesterol; 1112 mg sodium; 57 g carbohydrate; 10.1 g fiber; 53 g protein; 10.0 mg niacin; 1.2 mg vitamin B6; 3.7 mcg vitamin B12; 6.8 mg iron; 28.5 mcg selenium; 8.8 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.