Eggplant Dip also spelled Baba Ghanoush
- 2 eggplants (around 2 lbs.)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced seperated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper to taste
- chopped parsley
- Prick eggplant all over with a ford. Cook the eggplant in a 400 degree oven until skin is blackened, Wait for eggplant to cool or plunge in cold water
- Peel and chop the eggplant into small pieces. Place in a food processor with garlic, olive oil, tahini, 1/2 of lemon juice, salt and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Pulse until the mixture is smooth but don't overprocess the eggplant, let it retain some of the texture.
- Let sit at room temperature so the flavors can blend.
- Season to taste with more lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt. Stir in chopped parsley.
I like to serve Baba Ghanouj with Pita bread or baked pita chips.