Prep Time: 15 mins. • Cook Time: 15 mins. • Serves 6-8
- 2 lbs boiling potatoes, peeled, cut in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large leek, white part only, cut in half lengthwise and sliced thin
- 5 oz asiago cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Butterball® Turkey Bacon, cut into ¼-inch pieces and sautéed crisp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Place potatoes in a pot with cold water about 1-inch over top of potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer potatoes 10 to 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small skillet on medium heat. Cook and stir leeks two to three minutes or until tender, but not brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
Drain potatoes, reserving cooking liquid. Add grated asiago, butter and cooked leeks to potatoes.
Mash with a potato masher until fairly smooth, adding ½ to ¾ cup of the reserved cooking liquid. While mashing, add salt & pepper to taste. Fold in the crisp turkey bacon.
For more great recipes from Butterball: Make Your Holiday Even Better this Year - Expert tips for Thanksgiving